Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mother's Day is my day

I have never been a big fan of celebrating me.  I have never loved birthdays or days that are about me.  I don't like opening presents (I like getting things, don't get me wrong), there is just so much pressure.  I do love giving presents though....I am such a kind soul. 

Mother's Day this year was amazing.  It was a day that wasn't all about me, but all about my family.  I loved spending time with Kyle and the kids and just being normal.  The day started with breakfast with my mom and Kyle then we picked the kids up from their dad and hung out with Gami.  We gave her a bracelet and card from the little people.  Aiden and Sloane have no concept of GIVING and that makes me a little insane.  I work hard to get them to enjoy getting gifts for others, but for some reason all they want to do is receive gifts from others (I hope that all 3 & 5 year olds are selfish.....).  Sloane is a little better about giving, she likes to "sign/make" cards and hand a present to someone, but Aiden is not a fan. 



Anyway, we hung out with Gami then had to head to Aiden's football game.  It was a great game because only 5 boys showed up, which meant that Aiden got to play the whole game. I am pretty sure his team scored all the points and stopped the other team all but once, but I am NOT bragging or anything.


As soon as football was over we stopped and got some snacks (a slurpy and chips---call us high class) and went downtown for a day of fun.  We paddle boated on the canal.....rode bikes behind the zoo....walked around a little bit and just simply enjoyed the day.  Paddle boating is a lot of work (says Kyle....I was uber relaxed).


We stopped and took a group pic, everyone is looking and smiling!
A found a little rocky area to play and hide.....he is a funny boy.

Why must he never smile like a normal kid....or does he smile like a normal kid?!?
Our little bike ride around town.....so fun!
She really loves him.....if only it was mutual.  ONE DAY, right???
After our downtown fun we went to my dads for dinner and more play.  Dad was mowing when we arrived so Aiden hitched a little ride around the yard.  He was really nervous to ride until I told him he had done it before, then he was all about. Sloane, in her typical fashion, hit up the swings and stayed there all afternoon.

It was a good day.  In fact, it was the best mother's day I have ever had.  I don't know if it was the company or the good moods....but it was most definitely great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment