Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring Break Break Break

For Spring Break we went with Kyle on a work trip to Ohio.  While he worked we went to an indoor water park and played all day.  It was a lot of fun for Sloane and I.  Aiden, not so much.  He can be such a party pooper.  On the first day he had a blast, but the second day he literally sat in his chair and did nothing the WHOLE time we were there.  I realized that I can't make him have fun, so Sloane and I enjoyed ourselves while Aiden sat and observed......let's be honest, I am a people watcher so maybe that is what he was doing (that's what I'll tell myself).

After our little water park fun we drove to Cincinnati to make our presence known at the Cincinnati Zoo.  We spent the night at Embassy Suites where Aiden had the time of his life swimming in a very small and basic swimming pool.  I was so annoyed that he only has fun when he chooses to have fun....then I remembered, oh yeah he is 5.

We swam forever (and by we I mean Aiden, Sloane, and Kyle)....I swam, then realized that becoming a prune is icky so I moved on.

We went back to the room, bathed, and got into bed.  As soon as the little people where in their bed watching TV there was a knock on the door.  It was the manager informing me that the neighbors complained about the noise level in our room.  FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE MY KIDS WERE BEING QUIET AND WE WERE GETTING COMPLAINTS!  I nearly fell over....I opened the door a little wider and asked if "these two were the ones making the noise" he said he supposed so so I just laughed and said, "Ok thanks"...... Kyle did voice a little complaint about his rudeness and we got a free night.  Hey, I will take a free night for a random folk saying MY KIDS were loud....have you met my kids? They're never loud.  They're are the calmest, sweetest kids I know......I kid, I kid.  But on the for real, they were not loud that night.  It was crazy!  Now at 2:30 am when Sloane cried for a full hour I would have understood the complaint, but it wasn't 2:30 yet.

The next day we went to the zoo and couldn't believe how amazing the zoo was!  It was h-u-g-e! My favorite were the gorillas!  They are humans. Period.  I could have watched them for hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment