Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Friends

Time well spent with your friends is such an important part of life.  I think we always get wrapped up in the reality of our own things that we forget sometimes to sit and relax with our friends. 

I am lucky to have amazing friends who I have known for more than half of my life (and a few of you less than that but it feels the same).  Time spent with them is great.  To be able to flow from one conversation to the next then back to the previous conversation is so natural.  Being around people who know you, like really truly know you, is good. 

I spend all my days at work around people that are great people, but most of them don't actually know me (aside from one, she KNOWS me).... so when I make a rude comment (like I always do) I really just come off as a bitch.  When I am with the people that truly know me, no rudeness needs an apology.

I don't like to apologize so lucky for me I have had the same friends for coming up on 20 years, thankfully they know I don't love to apologize and accept me for that. 

I love my friends like my family.  We complain, we're honest, we are real, we play, we cry, we laugh so hard we pee a little....it is just surrounding yourself with goodness.  I love that.  I love that I have friends like this and that my kids can see what it looks like.  I hope that my kids are able to find what I have found in friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment