Tuesday, May 20, 2014

celebrating a bride

My BFF from way back when is getting married in July.  Shelly is marrying her soul mate, her best friend... and let me tell you they are perfect for each other.  I used to be jealous of what she had with Grant until I found Kyle.  Now I am just overjoyed for her.  She loves him with all heart and you can see it in her eyes when she speaks of him, it is truly amazing. 

We threw her a shower (I didnt' do much, let's be honest....parties are not my thing) this past weekend.  She was stunning as usual.  She glows and I love that.  The best part about the shower was that I got to spend time with all the people that I have known since 1994....the year I moved here. 

I got to spend time with the people who know me inside and out and that is always a good feeling.  I don't make friends easily (in fact I think I have made 2 friends since I was in 6th grade...Lacey and Kathleen, you are very lucky people). Having friends for this long is rare and I have no doubts that our worlds will continue to be connected forever.

Shelly is a naturally beautiful soul inside and out.  She is truly passionate about things.  She is open and honest and wears her heart on her sleeve.  You know how she is feeling in any situation based on her facial expressions.  She is trustworthy and easy to talk to.  She  has been my shoulder to cry on and my rock to depend on for so many years.  No matter when I call, she is available and understanding.  A friendship like that doesn't come often and I am thankful that I have her.

I am excited to be celebrating her...not just for the wedding and the party but because she is truly someone to celebrate.  Cheers to Shelly for being a good friend and continuing
to be herself after 20 years of friendship!


No comments:

Post a Comment