Friday, August 15, 2014

Birthday


I love birthdays.  I like to think it is because they are significant to ones life.  They bring you awareness about how good your life has been.  They remind you that you have lived and continue to live each day.  They provide you time with family and friends that love you. 

To be honest...it is none of those reasons. I love birthdays because birthdays give me a day that is all about ME.  I love days that are all about me.  I like to think that I am not a selfish person but I am.  I hide candy so I don’t have to share it with my young children; ‘hello, my name is Whitney Selfish Barrentine’. 

I love birthdays because that means people are thinking about you and go out of their way to make you feel special and important.  Doesn’t everyone want to feel special?  Doesn’t everyone want to feel important?  Please tell me the answer is yes… otherwise I might need therapy. 

I can say that I turned 32 and I don’t feel a day over 25.  I feel young and always have.  I hope that always stays with me.  Sometimes when I am with Aiden and Sloane I wonder how I am even old enough to have kids this “old”. Then I remember that I am not 25….duh.

I love being in my 30’s.  It feels good to say my age.  I am happy and healthy (minus my candy addiction). I feel beautiful (thanks to my amazing husband who tells me that daily…my friends get a BIT annoyed of my constant reminders I give them about my beauty). I am confident in who I am as a person (if you don’t like me, leave me). I am also aware of all my annoying qualities (yes, I know that I have a short temper and I think I am always right….I am working on that ---I am actually not, but I should).  I am a good mom (I work on this daily, my patience is short, but at the end of the day I know that I get better every day and I get to start over tomorrow). I am a good wife (I have a husband who makes this very easy for me). 

So to say birthdays are special is an understatement.  I love birthdays.  I love celebrating them with people and I love being celebrated!  It only happens once a year so I gotta eat it up while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment